My heart became hot within me. As I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: "O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!"

22 September 2005

Here are the Psalms we'll be singing this coming Lord's Day morning:

118C
21B
100A
119Q
94A

Pastor Long will complete his sermons on Matthew 24, preaching on "Signs of Judgments."

-----

Yesterday, I was turned on to librarything.com. From everything I can tell, it is one of those rare, excellent uses of the internet - it catalogues, with relative ease, your library. Then, it makes your library "taggable" and searchable according to the tags you put on each book.

For an example, here's my library (so far - I have several books to add). The cost is free, up to 200 books. After that, it's a $10 flat-fee for a lifetime membership. For a while now my wife has been encouraging me to keep some sort of record of my library. This seems like a good place to start.

Also - if you scroll down this blog, on the right hand side, you'll see some random selections from my library, with links to both librarything and amazon.com. Pretty neat, huh? Huh?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing, BUT when did you have time to enter all yoru books in there??? Do you ever sleep?

Anonymous said...

I want to know more about this librarything. How does it work and what are all the benefits to you and to others? Explain some more, my son!

Josh said...

that's pretty cool. do we get to check books out of your library?

Michael said...

That librarything is quite cool!

Anonymous said...

Jared,

It's also a great way to keep track of books you lend out and a record in case of fire or theft. I'm definitely going to use this!

Anonymous said...

Jared,

I saw a book on your BLOG link that looked intriguing. Have you read A Religious History of the American People by
Sydney E.Ahlstrom? If so, what was your impression? Would you recommend for others to read it?