My heart became hot within me. As I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: "O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!"

27 June 2006

Getting synodical

This week is the RPCNA synod. You can get somewhat official updates here. But you can get non-official updates here.

Jim Pennington, long-time pastor and missionary to Japan, is our new moderator.

The retiring moderator, Dr. Jonathan Watt, preached on Hebrews 6:10 regarding God not forgetting our works, meager as they are. This morning Bob Hemphill, pastor of Westminster RPC in Denver, began our week's series on mercy ministries by preaching on the parable of the good Samaritan. The highlights:
  • Charity is impossible apart from the work of the Spirit in our impovershed hearts.
  • Charity is best exemplified by the awesome greatness of our Savior's service to us. Go thou and do likewise...
Currently, the business of synod committee is going through their initial report, where they give their recommendations for handling the different "communications" (papers, appeals, etc.) coming from the presbyteries. Some interesting debate is ensuing...

-----

For your Mac vs. PC enjoyment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"For your Mac vs. PC enjoyment."

Ignoring the theological misrepresentations of the piece, it’s not that DOS can be interpreted many different ways (think "Bad command or file name") it's that DOS waits for you to do something - in this way it may be Arminian. However, a Mac is the same way, so the point is the same. I'm going to have to think about it some more before saying something else. Therefore, it's a great article.