Here, in its essence, is my sermon outline from Sunday night.
If we really & fully believe that God is sovereign...
- Instead of mocking God's sovereignty through pretended independence (21:4, 24), we would joyfully submit to it;
- Wives will resist the temptation to be quarrelsome and usurp their husband's authority (21:9,19);
- We will reject laziness and greed and give ourselves to diligence and charity (21:5, 25-26);
- We will stop loving the world's pleasures as an end in themsevles (21:17) and give ourselves to things of eternal importance (21:21);
- We will reject social injustice and rejoice in Christ's justice (21:11,13,15);
- We will reject interpersonal injustice (21:10) and love our neighbor selflessly (21:23);
- We will find temporary defeats swallowed up in eternal victory (21:18,22);
- We will give up religiosity - the form of religion without the heart (21:27) - and practice true religion (21:3)