My heart became hot within me. As I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: "O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!"

15 December 2005

short notes

For worship on Sunday:

Psalms
145A
145B
145C
103D
24A

Pastor Long will be preaching on John 8:12-30, "Who is Jesus?"

In the evening, I'll be preaching on Provers 20:12-28, "The Wrath of the King, Part 2"

-----

Happy Birthday to our #1 who is 2 today! We had a good time at Bob Evan's this morning; he's pretty much a hit wherever he goes.

-----

Boggle online! Of course, "when words are many, transgression is not lacking" (Pro. 10:19)...

-----

Right now I'm in the process of meeting with all the families in church who might be interested in being part of the church plant. It's been an incredibly fun time sharing my vision, answering questions, hearing what God is putting on the hearts of other families. If you're praying for us, you might pray that God would continue to lead clearly during this time, that He would give great excitement to those who He would call to the new church and that He would bring the right group together.

-----

New Christmas cd! Blind Boys of Alabama Go Tell it on the Mountain. Really fun. Great players (John Medeski on organ, Duke Robbillard on guitar), fun guests (George Clinton [!], Solomon Burke).

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday, C!

Jared, I would be interested to here your perspectives on Christmas in a blog post sometime.

Anonymous said...

For those in the 2nd hour Revelation class, we'll be looking at Rev. 8, so "trumpet" that to your friends.

Jeff Kessler