My heart became hot within me. As I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: "O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!"

07 December 2005

News

Last Thursday the session of our church decided to officially begin church planting efforts in West Lafayette, Indiana. Which makes yours truly an official, wet-behind-the-ears church planter. How bout them apples?

Really, it was a momentous night, one which I pray will be the beginning to a road that glorifies God. I'm thinking that this blog might be a good way to keep some of you up to date on what's going on with the new church.

So, what is going on with the new church? Um, nothing yet. This Sunday we are going to lead the church through our newly adopted church planting vision statement and relate the reasons we believe God is leading us to work across the river in West Lafayette. It will likely be toward the middle of January before the core group gets off the ground.

Stay tuned. Even better, pray. I'll be getting in touch with many of you to ask you to commit specifically to praying for the new church; until then, I'll assume that many of you will join me in that work.

O praise the Lord! O thank the Lord!
For bountiful is He;
Because His lovingkindness lasts
to all eternity

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jared, did the 2nd hour class get recorded? I didn't notice it on the website this morning (I guess I'm eager to listen...), so I thought that I'd just send a quick reminder. Thanks.