A couple notes:
- This list is definitely in process - when we're doing family worship consistently, I like to add a new question a week or so, depending on how he's doing.
- The first few questions can be answered with simple hand gestures, so #2, our 1 1/2 year old has started too.
- I try to avoid "yes" and "no" questions, though you'll find several of them in the list. Too many of them gets confusing and I'd rather them learn the content and idea.
- I'm trying to find a balance between getting doctrine across and getting them involved in the story behind the questions. "Questions time" often includes a lot of clapping and cheering, especially when we get to the part about the resurrection (Long live the king!).
- I don't always add questions at the end; right now, I'm working to flesh out the story of Jesus' life and death in ways #1 can understand.
- Several of the questions about sin and forgiveness are quite helpful in the process of discipline.
Q: Who made you?
Q: What else did God make?
A: All things
Q: Why did God make you and all things?
A: For His own glory
Q: How many persons are there in God?
Q: Can God do all things?
Q: What is God?
A: A Spirit
Q: Can you see God?
Q: Who is our Helper?
A: The Holy Spirit
Q: Who is our Savior?
Q: Where do we learn how to love and obey God?
A: The Bible
Q: How do we talk to God?
A: Pray and Sing
Q: Who was Jesus’ mom?
Q: Did Jesus ever sin?
Q: How did Jesus die?
A: On the cross
Q: Whom did Jesus crush?
A: The serpent
Q: What happened after Jesus died?
A: They put Him in the ground
Q: Did He stay in the ground?
Q: What happened?
A: Jesus rose from the dead. Long live the king!
Q: What day did Jesus rise from the dead?
Q: So what do we do on Sunday?
Q: Where is Jesus?
Q: Is He coming back?
Q: Who were our first parents?
A: Adam and Eve
Q: How did God make man?
A: In His own image
Q: What did God give Adam and Eve?
A: Body and soul
Q: Do you have a body and soul?
Q: How long will your soul last?
Q: God made a promise with Adam; it was called the covenant of _______
Q: What did God want Adam to do?
Q: What did Adam do?
Q: What’s it called when we disobey God?
Q: What does God have to do to sin?
Q: Do you sin?
Q: So what do you need?
Q: Where do we get forgiveness?
A: Jesus’ blood
Q: How do we get Jesus’ blood?
A: By faith
Q: How do we get faith?
A: By grace
Q: How do you know that you belong to God?
A: My baptism