My heart became hot within me. As I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: "O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!"

07 April 2005

Purpose Statement

I appreciate it when authors give an apologetic for the existence of their book, when they prove to me why it was worth writing. Towards that end...A few reasons/purposes for this blog:

1. To record some of the smaller lessons I learn which I never seem to get to pass on to anyone or even remember myself
2. To write up some reviews of what I'm reading (so I don't forget and so others might be encouraged to take and read)
3. To experiment with communicating eternal truth in a temporary medium
4. To develop my writing skills

I don't think I have any pretensions about blogging; I don't expect people to come knocking at my electronic door, but it almost seems like bad stewardship to not try it.

sdg

No comments: