My heart became hot within me. As I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: "O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!"

19 April 2006

Finally!


The things we get in the mail...Because preparing for communion was just too much of a burden, now there's the Celebration Cup!, the world's first fully-sealed wafer&wine portable sacramental potable.

The grape juice is all right, but the wafer is powerfully untasty. Oh well, anything in the name of convenience.

5 comments:

Micah said...

It's a sign! Ahem. Sorry. That is hilarious! You ought to keep putting up pictures of all the crup you get sent.

Tamara said...

HA! That is masterfully, wonderfully funny!

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!

Anything for convenience.

A friend of ours,Pastor Dick Miller, developed a fictitious church catalog once - I can't remember what he named it. In it were edible bulletins (so they weren't left on the pews), a portable prayer closet, a hat with a picture of the pastor on the top so pastors who needed to read their sermons could still make eye contact, and the entire Bible on a belt. Bet he would have included the communion in a cup as well!

andyfest said...

So if you left it alone for a while would the grape juice ferment into wine?

Alicia said...

Hopefully people aren't going to use this for a "drive-thru" method of serving the Lord's Supper.