My heart became hot within me. As I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: "O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!"

27 October 2005

Music - blues


Buddy Guy has a new album out, Bring 'Em In, consisting mostly of duets with some heavy hitters (Santana, John Mayer). Here's a great interview/concert with David Dye over at the WorldCafe. I've got several of his albums and recommend them highly, perhaps skipping over the risque songs (there's usually one on each album).

One of the great things about Buddy Guy is that he's a real, living connection to the old blues of the South. But he's one of the great modernizers of the blues (inspiration to Hendrix & Clapton), hence a career of some acoustic blues, some live blues, and many collaborations with contemporary non-blues artists. The other great thing is that he rocks. Really. You don't believe me? He plays a polka dot guitar!

No comments: