My heart became hot within me. As I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: "O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!"

11 January 2007

Updates

What's going on in my life...


  • Baby #3 is sleeping around 7 hours a night now, for which we (mostly my wife) are quite thankful. #1 just learned his first Bible verse (John 3:16) and laughs with joy every time he gets to say it for us. #2 is, well, learning how to work the system as the only little girl in the house. And the beautiful bride is obviously lovingly busy.
  • Our mid-week Bible study is going piece by piece through the Nicene Creed and studying each doctrine Biblically. It has been more encouraging than I could have hoped. If you'd like a copy of the Bible studies I've been writing, let me know. I've toyed with the idea of putting them together in a nice little booklet for Bible study groups.
  • At Immanuel RPC, we're nearing the end of our sermons in Colossians. It has been, for me at least, very helpful and very convicting. February 2nd is our official organization date - you're welcome to come! I've been praying that it would be a night of great encouragement and great glory for God. If you do want to come, we'll be at the Lafayette church building, beginning at 7 p.m.
  • February 4th is first morning worship together; we haven't picked a new sermon series yet, but hopefully we will soon. We're all very excited to begin our full Sabbath day of worship together.
  • This weekend is our college winter conference. Pastor Harry Metzger is coming to speak on developing a heart for the lost...nothing too convicting, I hope. I'll be doing a workshop on improving our worship.
  • Tootsie rolls lollipops now have a lemon lime flavor. It's like a party in my mouth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE a copy of your Bible studies on the creed.

And, as regards your family, how blessed are you!

And, as regards your church, I am praying that it will be a beacon for Christ in a world that is lost. And I am praying that God will use you mightily in His service, as I have always prayed, and I see He is doing that. Praise the Lord - and to Him be all the glory!

Tamara Rose said...

hey Jared,

Dang, its been awhile. :) Sounds like your family is busy. I LOVED the pictures Eleni sent to me of your beautiful/adorable little cutes! They are SO blessed that they look like their mum. :-P jk, They all three look like both of you. They are TO cute!

Wow, i didn't know that Morning services were starting this soon. Thats really exciting! I'll be praying for you all. And I'd LOVE to come to... but, unfortunately i don't think I'm going to be able to make it this time ;-> Maybe next time.
Have fun at the winter conference. Keep my bros in line.

Sounds like God has really blessed you. Happy new years. Take care Jared

~the crazy girl "down under"

BamFam said...

Eleni told me that Isabel and Jolene should get together. I am afraid to find out what would happen if they did! I think Jolene would find a partner in crime!

It is exciting to hear that Charlie is learning verses! We have taught Jolene to answer one question after devotions (right now that is all her little mind can sit still for). Us, "Jolene who is the King?". Jolene, "dee us' (Jesus). How exciting is it to see their minds learning!

Megfish

Jared said...

Hi down under people! It's great to hear from you.

Glad to hear Jolene is doing well; we'll look forward to more updates on Adele's hipness. I'd love for our kids to get together soon...maybe we can hook them up over the webcam - though I don't know if Isabel would sit for that at all. It's worth a try...