My heart became hot within me. As I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue: "O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am!"

03 September 2006

Things I loved about this Sunday, in no particular order

  • Being with my family for a whole day (or most of a whole day)
  • Reading all of 2 Chronicles 29 aloud during worship and not messing up one of the names (at least I don't think I did)
  • Being with people who remind me more of Christ than anything else in this world. For that matter, being closer to heaven than I get anywhere else
  • Singing with the people of God - while not quite the wall-of-water sound described in Revelation, it's still pretty great
  • Making the gospel clear to three men at the work release facility
  • Witnessing the baptism of a covenant child
  • Teaching on the Council of Nicaea and the Nicene Creed and being way more excited about it than I have a right to be
  • Hearing two sermons, being convinced of my need for passionate purity and godly leadership
  • Sitting around the kitchen table eating popcorn and issuing nearly-infallible commentary on news, theology, and anything else dumb enough to fly into our conversation's orbit
  • Worshipping God, knowing beyond any doubt that we've been with our Creator and everything's right between Him and us because of who Christ is and what He's done

1 comment:

Tamara said...

That was relaxing. It can be so tempting to gripe and complain. But nothing uplifts the spirit like praising God and recognizing what a gift of life He has given us.